“City of Yellow Roses”
Valentine’s Week (February 7-16) in San Antonio is more romantic than ever as the destination transforms into the “City of Yellow Roses.” Romance specials themed around San Antonio’s legendary yellow rose offer a getaway like none other.
Visitors can experience “City of Yellow Roses” in many ways:
- Romance-themed hotel packages are available with yellow roses, champagne, river barge cruises, museum passes and more romantic offerings.
- Special dishes and drinks created by the city’s top eateries await, some riverside, some neighborhood treasures.
- Horse-drawn rides circle through historic downtown, past the legendary Alamo.
- Bicycling along the expanded River Walk to 18thcentury Spanish missions.
- Mariachis serenade all along the River Walk and in Market Square, the nation’s largest Mexican market.
- This year, the “City of Yellow Roses” is also presenting the Gentlemen’s Guide to Valentine’s where experts answer romance questions and provide romantic suggestions at CityofYellowRoses.com.
Often recognized as one of the most romantic destinations in the nation, San Antonio is located deep in the heart of Texas. Its majestic River Walk is lined with dozens of quaint sidewalk cafes, while river barges pass beneath a canopy of cypress tress and clear Texas skies. On street level, 18thcentury Spanish colonial architecture mixes with public art installations and modern superstructures.
Many visitors may find the city’s festive culture is what enlivens the oldest of romances. Here, bold colors, music, cuisine and artists offer a little bit of Mexico, a dash of Cowboy Western and a hint of European blended into a distinct landscape that can only be described as San Antonio.
At CityofYellowRoses.com, visitors can learn more about what makes San Antonio the ideal spot for a romantic excursion and begin planning their Valentine’s Week getaway.